1. What percent of people fail compared to the percent that know they’ll be successful?
2. What percent of entrepreneurs have fears?
3. How does this change the way you think about entrepreneurship?
Watch the video (3:18 minutes) and see what Seth Godin has to say about “Conquering Fear to Start Your Own Business". Seth is one of the foremost entrepreneurial thinkers you can find on the Internet today. As you watch, answer these questions:
1. Why do you have to learn how to “shut down your amygdala”?
2. Who is the primary person that will stop you from starting a business?
Section 1: The Power of the Idea
Ex 1: Expand Your Imagination
In this section, you will learn how to expand your imagination. You will see that failure is not only acceptable as an entrepreneur, it is actually encouraged as a necessary part of success. You will also learn how to curate (collect), investigate, concentrate, aggregate (combine), and evaluate ideas.
Watch the video (1:12 minutes) and see what Guy Kawasaki has to say about fear and failure. Guy was the chief evangelist for Apple a few years ago. As you watch, think about these questions:
Submit your answers to these questions using a Word document provided by your teacher.