Read the paper (up to page 75) prayerfully and thoughtfully. Ask God if he would give you a greater passion and ability to serve him as a Kingdom Entrepreneur.
Write a reflection paper of approximately 1,200 to 1,500 words, answering the following questions:
1. How does the theological presentation of business as mission change your views, thoughts or beliefs of living out your Christian life?
2. What about this paper impacts you the most and why?
Section 2: The Entrepreneurial Life
Part 4: Kingdom Entrepreneurs
What is a Kingdom Entrepreneur?
To understand the importance and the meaning of Kingdom Entrepreneurship, we must understand the biblical framework that surrounds the term. Obviously, kingdom entrepreneurs are entrepreneurs that work to build the kingdom of God as their primary concern and they will most often do this in the avenue of business. Kingdom business is often referred to as Business-as-mission.
To aid in this enormous endeavor, we turn to Business as Mission—Lausanne Occasional Paper No. 59, produced by the Issue Group on this topic at the 2004 Forum for World Evangelization hosted by the Lausanne Committee for World Evangelization in Pattaya, Thailand, September 29 to October 5, 2004. This paper is found at http://www.lausanne.org/docs/2004forum/LOP59_IG30.pdf and is used by permission.
Read the paper carefully and prayerfully, and prepare to answer the questions in the assignment below.
3. What statements in the paper particularly apply to your development in this course? (Reference the page number for each quote you give.)
4. Why are the names of the companies in some of the case studies abbreviated or disguised (such as “D Company”)?
5. What three specific actions could you take with your entrepreneurial venture that would reflect the teaching from this business-as-mission paper?
Conclude your paper with a one-paragraph summary to define what you think a Kingdom Entrepreneur is.